If you were just recently promoted to mom-hood, you might think that fashion is now something out of the question for you – after all, you have kids now. Of course, your children are the number one, but there is no one stopping you from being trendy! Below are some good tips to follow:
• Airy tops and dresses – the biggest issues many new moms have is over their tummy. During pregnancy, it was full enough to flaunt – especially during the last semester – but now that the baby has been pushed out, it leaves much to be desired. Of course, this might just be your personal opinion (we are sure your partner loves you nonetheless!) but since it bothers you, there are many ways to hide the tummy until you lose it! Larger tops which are not figure-hugging are basically the best way to achieve this. Opt for large tees and even oversized ones to create an illusion of slimness.
• Cardigans, capes, coats – another trusty friend you can rely to hide your belly are cardigans – and just about any other article of clothing you put over your normal clothing, such as capes and coats. If you match them well enough with your underclothes (and avoid the overly stuff overcoats), you can wear cardigans and coats as good fashion statements!
• Skinny pants and high waist jeans – sweatpants are still probably your best friend, but ditch them for more fashionable pants such as skinny pants. When worn below a large tee, they can make your legs look slimmer and longer, thus further drawing attention away from your tummy. High waist jeans, also recommended, are the opposite of this: they gather attention at your abdomen region, but effectively hide your tummy in the process.
• Bags and scarfs – another way to hide your chubbiness is by making use of large accessories such as bags and scarfs. When it comes to bags, they can be even baby items, such as designer diaper bags; what is important is that they make an impression. Scarfs are another ideal way to distract attention towards other parts of your body – in this case your neck. Click here for more info on designer diaper bags.
• Accessories – jewellery and glasses are two more weapons of the fashionista mom. At a time when makeup is out of your reach, the use of large necklaces, earrings and other similar accessories can be ideal (just as you can buy leather nappy bags online from Australia, you can find many trendy accessories online). On the same topic, if you are wondering the best way to hide panda eyes, simply wear some sunglasses when you head out of the house! You certainly will not have to slather makeup and apply eye-bag concealers when you have to deal with a newborn, so the best you can do is hide the irritated, bloodshot eyes with dark eyeglasses.
• Shoe wear – do not forget to upgrade your shoe collection once you have gotten out of pregnancy! Flats, and similar shoes and sandals without heels might have been your saving grace during the days of back pain, but now you can attempt to venture back into the world of heels – just start easy with low heels with wide bases!